Our impact, Our results
ADM LOGS A SERIES OF VICTORIES
ADM has put in place a set of actions with our partners that have led the Government to review discriminatory and disproportionate imposed on the Muslim community during the State of emergency and SILT.
Here are a few examples:
The report published by Amnesty regarding the lives that have been devastated that came out in February 2016 which resulted in an international outcry.
Through the recourse to administrative tribunals which led to the lifting of measures; of 203 raids, 87 assigned to residences, ADM has lifted all administrative measures except for the 8 persons who remained under house arrest after the State of emergency under the SILT Act of October 31, 2017.
- We have retraced the impact of these laws to our NGO partners, trade unions and national and international institutions.
- The anti-terror collective rights and freedoms of which ADM is a part was received by the President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, in June of 2017.
- ADM formally heard before the Law Commission on the SILT Bill with the anti-terror collectives of rights and freedoms in 2017.
- ADM made 14 proposals to the Committee of the National Assembly; the CMP has taken them on board.
- ADM a co-organized the Forum of Muslims of France in Montreuil in March of 2018. They brought together religious and cultural Muslim associations where more than 5000 visitors were registered.
- ADM intervened at the United Nations in Geneva to the Human Rights Council on behalf of the anti-terrorism collective of rights and freedoms, demanding rigorous inspections by the CNCDH and respect for fundamental rights. They supported the voices of the persons discriminated against because of their affiliation to the Muslim religion resulting from the various administrative measures related to the fight against terrorism, denouncing the radicalization criteria connected to religious practice.